bə-lō'nē mō'gəls(n.pl.) 1. A group of drinkers with a shredding problem. 2. The combination of snow, booze, and metal.

1.26.2010

Shreduary Commences in Five Days (The Bums Win)

Winter is here and my job isn't.  The apartment is in boxes and the furniture on craigslist.  Good bye swamps of the Mid Atlantic, hello True North.

As I take my leave from a big boy job to pursue the dream and become a U.S. tax dollar-sponsored snowboarder, my plans for the great month of Shreduary are in place.  Not familiar with Shreduary?  It's of course somewhere between Shredember and Smarch.  My goal?  Simple.  Attempt to land 15/30 days of snowboarding.  Banged up shin or not, I'm getting the shred on.

Mid week days?  Check.  Out West trips?  Check.  Icy frontier of Maine?  Check.  Everywhere in between?  Yes.  Boloney on hand sandwiches and keystone light?  Check.  Growing a grungy stache and developing that magical boot aroma?  ... well I already did that.

Too further appease Ullr and the rest of the snow gods (Radio Ron included), I make it my solemn duty to rock the award-winning Onesie as much as physically possible.

If this appeals to you, sign up for the Power Seen Shreduary experience now!

And to get you further amped, check out TRice chatting about the North Face Masters at Snowbird:

Words With Travis Rice from The North Face Masters on Vimeo.

No comments: